For all your HVAC repair & installation needs in Clarksville, IN, and surrounding areas.
Quick HVAC repair service
when you need it most
New HVAC replacements
at the right price.
Speedy HVAC installation
and satisfaction guaranteed.
HVAC maintenance will keep
you comfortable year-round.
When your comfort depends on it…Trust Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC
Need proof of our quality? Don’t take our word for it…
“Lost our A/C during the hottest week in August. Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC promptly took care of replacing our old system! The installers were extremely professional, respectful, and very knowledgeable! Very competitive pricing with excellent service!”
– Christy Lopp, Clarksville, IN
“Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC is one of those companies with a well-earned stellar reputation. From sizing the right unit for our home through installation and follow-up, I cannot imagine a better group of professionals to trust. They took their time in the installation, didn’t cut corners, and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. I would strongly recommend Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC, whether for installation of a new unit or servicing of existing units.”
– Justin Brown, Clarksville, IN
“My furnace went out and I had several companies bid for the replacement and all were comparable in price. I went with Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC because they seemed the most knowledgeable and I felt comfortable with them in my home. They replaced it the very next day and were great! Great experience!”
– Kate Stinson, Clarksville, IN
Why Trust Allegiance Heating & Air, LLC
We pledge to maintain the highest level of honesty and integrity with our customers, vendors, and clients. We will never try to hide behind fancy HVAC jargon and charge you for something you do not need.
Free Second Opinions
We offer free estimates and second opinions. So don’t jump into something without all the facts and waste your money. Let one of our licensed technicians evaluate your situation and give you an expert diagnosis.
We have been in business for 15+ years thanks to our hard work and dedication to our customers. To say thank you, we strive to give back to our community that helped make us the company we are today.
To ensure our customers always get the best service, we actively seek out and learn about innovations in HVAC products and methods. This helps us lead the way in more effective and efficient HVAC solutions.
HVAC Repair in Clarksville, IN
Your HVAC system uses more energy than any other appliance in your home. It also affects how the other appliances function and is one of your home’s greatest assets.
It keeps you comfortable through the sweltering Summers and icy Winters of Clarksville, IN. When it’s not working properly, it can create a major disruption to your home and family. In times like these, it helps to have a reliable HVAC repair company you can count on.
Signs You Need an HVAC Repair
It’s easy to recognize when your HVAC system is not working to its full potential. Suddenly (or sometimes over time) your normally comfortable house in Clarksville, IN, becomes either too hot, cold, or muggy and stuffy. But knowing what’s wrong and how to fix it is another story.
There are two sides to your HVAC system – the furnace and the air conditioning side. When your system isn’t working as it should, pay attention to these simple signs that may help you see what side of your system needs an HVAC repair; and what you can do to fix the problem quickly.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
- Feel the air in the vents: If the air coming out of your vents is hot– this is a problem with the A/C side. Hot air may be due to a compressor or refrigerant issue. This is actual news. Both of these issues are a fairly simple HVAC repair and inexpensive to fix.
- Look for moisture around the system: Look in your utility closet for moisture anywhere around the air conditioning system. If you see any type of standing water or leak, it needs to be addressed quickly to get your A/C repaired and avoid further problems.
- Listen for uncommon sounds: Your HVAC unit should run relatively quietly. If you hear any type of uncommon sounds like grinding, squealing, or banging, that’s a problem. This is a good time to call a Clarksville, IN, HVAC repair technician to see what is happening on the inside of your system that is causing the problem.
- Smell Unusual smells: Take a good whiff and see if you detect any hint of mold, burning, or gas. Natural gas is an immediate furnace issue, but mold or burning may be an A/C problem. Oftentimes, odd smells can be a sign of burned wires inside the unit or a moldy smell may be an issue with the A/C not circulating air properly.
- Feel your home for excess humidity: If you walk inside during a Clarksville, IN, Summer and you still feel the humidity, it’s a good indicator that your air conditioner needs to be looked at. Your air conditioner should act as a dehumidifier in your home, sticky air is sometimes one of the first signs that something isn’t right.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
- The smell of gas or other fuel typically indicates a furnace problem that should be addressed quickly.
- If your unit has trouble starting or stops frequently before reaching the desired temperature, this may be a furnace issue.
- CO2 detectors going off are connected to a problem within your furnace.
- A discolored pilot light that is anything other than blue is an issue to call a furnace technician about immediately.
- If you do not have adequate heat or a comfortable temperature during the Winter months in Clarksville, IN, this is a sign you may need a furnace HVAC repair or maintenance.
- Squeaking or whistling from your furnace is not normal and should be checked out by an HVAC technician.
How to Tell if You Need to Replace Your HVAC System:
- Safety First: The health and safety of your family is our number one concern. Don’t risk carbon monoxide poisoning or other dangers to save money on a furnace, there are financing options available to help keep you and your family safe.
- How old is your system? The average lifespan of an A/C unit in Clarksville, IN, is about 10-15 years, furnaces tend to last a little bit longer. The lifespan of your system is directly related to the maintenance and care it is given. If you’re over 10 years, for either system it might not be worth the cost to repair it.
- Does your A/C use Freon: The R-22 Freon has been phased out for more efficient options. The new “Freon” is an R410A refrigerant. If you’re using R-22 in Clarksville, IN, you need to replace your unit.
- Constant HVAC repairs: Have you had more than one minor HVAC repair in the last year? If so, it might be time to replace your unit. Chances are, small HVAC repairs will add up over time and you’ll be better off replacing it sooner than later.
- HVAC repair Costs: There is a simple equation, you can use to determine if it’s more economical to complete any HVAC repair or full system replacement. Take the estimated cost of HVAC repair and multiply it by the age of your unit. If that is more than the cost of a new unit, it’s time to replace it.
- Cost of energy bills:A typical HVAC system accounts for 50% of the utility bills for homes in Clarksville, IN, each month. If your energy bill keeps going up, but your rates remain the same, your unit is having to work harder and consume more energy to keep up. In this case, we advise you receive a full inspection before replacement to determine if it’s necessary.
- Efficiency of your current system:If your current system has a SEER rating of below 13, or if it’s the wrong size for your home, it’s probably time to replace it.
For example: If you have a $50 repair on a 5-year-old HVAC (50×5=250). That is a valid repair. If you have a $200 repair on a 10-year-old unit (200×10=2000) It might be worth looking into the cost of a new system.
How Long Will Your HVAC System Last
Some of the features on your system may need to be replaced before the full unit goes out. For example, if you have a dehumidifier, they usually last 8-10 years and sometimes the ventilation or ductwork may need additional maintenance.
The lifetime of the system also varies based on the type of system you have. Oil-based furnaces will only last a few years, while geothermal systems may last you your entire lifetime. Both of these systems are rare in Clarksville, IN. Boilers are an outdated system in most areas that tend to last a little bit longer than central air systems, but not by much.
Benefits of a Well-Functioning HVAC System
Fifty years ago, having a cooling and heating system for your home or office in Clarksville, IN, was seen as a luxury. Today, it is a necessity. Not only have we grown accustomed to this comfort, but the benefits of a well-functioning HVAC system are essential to the proper day-to-day function in today’s world.
- Furnace and AC savings: When you replace an older system, you will see the benefits on your energy bills right away. Older systems use more energy and therefore cost more to run daily.
- Comfort: Increased technology makes your home more comfortable than ever. Consistent levels of airflow maintained humidity controls and constant temperature monitoring are just a few of the features that make your HVAC system essential.
- Air Flow: Better air flow means more comfortable temperatures throughout your house and less static air that becomes stagnant and moldy.
- Noise: Older models are significantly louder than the latest model of HVAC systems on the market. Today’s equipment has sound-absorbing technology to ensure you stay comfortable without the additional noise of traditional HVAC fans and motors.
- Environmental Impact: A well-functioning HVAC system conserves more natural resources by using up to one-third less fuel than older models.
- Options: Now, your HVAC can learn your habits and your work schedule to keep your home comfortable while you’re home and save money while you’re gone.
- Increased Resale Value: A new high-efficiency HVAC system can give your home the leading edge and is quite appealing to home buyers in Clarksville, IN.
Benefits of Proper HVAC Maintenance
Some home and business owners have the notion once you install an HVAC system you can shut the door and forget about it for 10 years. This could not be more wrong. Just as your car requires oil changes and your teeth require a cleaning, proper maintenance is important, and your HVAC system is no different. Regularly scheduled HVAC maintenance has a whole list of benefits including:
- It will save you money by preventing costly breakdowns and lowering your energy bills. A well-maintained system also lasts longer and stays under warranty so you don’t have to worry about unexpected and expensive HVAC repair bills.
- Avoid unnecessary HVAC repairs by checking on your system regularly. Most large repairs start as small issues. When these are caught early on, you avoid big breakdowns later.
- Keeps your home safe from CO2 and refrigerant leaks. Both of these ingredients can be potentially harmful and even fatal. Having expert technicians in Clarksville, IN, to maintain your system ensures your home and family are safe.
- Extends your unit’s lifespan by up to 10 years with regular maintenance so you can enjoy your system for longer and keep it working perfectly for years to come.
- Higher energy efficiency means your system will work better while using less energy. This will show up on your utility bills each month and will keep your family more comfortable without costing you.
- Better indoor air quality is possible with a well-maintained HVAC system. The EPA estimates indoor pollutants to be 2-5 times higher than outdoor pollution. HVAC maintenance helps to keep the air in your home or office clean and filtered.
FAQ’s About Heating & Cooling
Keep Calm and Cool Off
When your HVAC unit isn’t working, it brings along painful worry and major inconveniences. If you’re wondering whether it’s time for a simple HVAC repair or a complete replacement system, we’re here to help.
Our team of highly trained and experienced HVAC technicians in Clarksville, IN, can handle any job you throw at us. From a simple HVAC repair to a major HVAC installation, we will keep your home or office comfortable all year long. Give us a call today!